Foggy Morning Birch #Watercolor, #Strathmore #Quiller

Time flies when you are having fun.  Only one more watercolor class to go for this session.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to take the winter session.  Hope I can!

Two things happened with painting.  I had intended to practice the warm palette birch trees using Phthalocyanine Blue and Cadmium Orange-Red.  Along the way, I discovered I was using Ultramarine Blue Blue--a cooler blue!  Shows how much attention I was paying.

I had intended to do more with the scraping and negative painting techniques, but as I put the background in (the trees were done first), I realized I liked it.  It seemed soft and misty to me like a foggy morning.  I decided to leave well enough alone,  Seems like I chose that Ultramarine Blue for a reason, after all!


Comments