Egret On the Wing - Week 37 of 52 Weeks of Watercolor Birds #WorldWatercolorGroup #Mijello #52WeeksOfWatercolorBirds

My background wasn't quite as streaky as it looks in the scan, but it is a bit streaky.  The watercolor paper buckled a bit, making it difficult to scan.

That said, I do find the Mijello Mission Gold paints don't like the paper in my Global Arts book very well. I've found the paints do flow differently than most other paints.  It hasn't really been an issue for me though, except on this watercolor paper.

I think I'm going to switch off to a different brand for the remaining birds.


Done using Mijello Mission Gold Pure Pigment Watercolor Set and Daniel Smith's Iridescent Silver (
which doesn't really show to advantage in the scan).

This bird was done in the Global Art Materials Field Watercolor Artist Journal Hand Book, 7 by 10-Inch that I'm using for the '52 Weeks of Watercolour Birds'.

My reference photo came from the Morguefile archive.

Comments